- We turned 6! The mister and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary Sunday! Well, celebrated as much as someone buried in homework & the other unable to walk can. lol.
- The house is in a shambles. We moved in June, and since then have gone to a wedding in Mexico, had three sets of company stay with us, summer school, my husband broke his ankle, and the last 2 months of classes have been kicking my ass. It's all awesome, but it means we still have boxes. lol. It's impossible to unpack with full-time classes and the mister not being able to walk. I can't wait until christmas break to get piles out of all the corners - it's killing me!
- Speaking of piles: that's one of our messy corners, above. The antlers need to be hung on the wall, the piece of wood is a door for a garden balcony cabinet that needs to be finished, and the viking hat - well, it's funny and I want to hang it on a wall, too. lol. The husband collects things like this everytime we go thrifting. We got the goat skin rug at an estate sale and the turquoise chair (in a set of 3) at a thrift store. I'm not sure where to put that odd one out...
- I'm obsessed with Maddaddam. Such a good book! Margaret Atwood never fails. I first read "Oryx and Crake" when it came out years ago and it fast became one of my favorites, so I was psyched when she made it into a series. I just got the third book!
- I got a tattoo. A big one. Finally! I've been waiting to get it for about 4 years. It's halfway shaded, but I did quickly snap a photo of it with just the line work a few weeks ago...
- I've become a yoga buff. Well, sort of. A hot yoga addict, more like it. It's so incredibly gross to know how much your chins can sweat (ew!), but it feels great and not too much like working out. About a month into it, and I haven't had a headache since I started. I've had to resist going while the tattoo heals, but I'm going again tomorrow and I can't wait... :)
- Dawson's Creek is finally on Netflix! Yesss. Keeps me company on those late-nights. Also, I've been kind of marathoning "Awkward" and "Teen Mom 3" while I work, so it's been refreshing to get a little intelligence on tv. When did tv kids stop talking intellectually?
- Hello, Christmas records. I'm not usually big on Christmas decorating (I have a box of stuff, but we're never home so I've never actually decorated our place for Christmas), but I'm super-excited this year to get some records: Rudolph has been my first acquisition - yay!
- Thank god it's not Charlie Hunnam. I like him very much (Sons!), but I couldn't even picture him as Christian Grey. Thank. God.
That's what's new with me. What about you?
Tuesdays are my "day off" of classes (aka getahellofalotofhomeworkdone day). The next three weeks are insane! Branding this and that, printing t-shirts and temporary tattoo business cards, designing websites, and writing papers. I'm counting down the days til the semester is done and I can sleep, fiddle with my camera for fun, hang some art on our walls, and see my family! :)