October. How can you be here already?? I'm still thinking that it's January, this year has flown by so quickly. And that all the adults that told me time starts to fly by faster as you get older are right. Seriously. October?? (I'm already thinking about my new year 'goals', though - lol - Ssssh).
Not that I don't like you, month of orange leaves and tights and pumpkin pie and costumes. Thank you for the last few sunny days we've had that made it feel like August, until the night rolls around and my dreams of still camping are quickly smushed with blankets needed & windows closed.
I have a lot of dreams for you, October.
It truly is nearly a new season for me - my current full-time contract is done at the end of this month, and it is the beginning of some time to finally put some patiently-waiting, piling-up dreams into action!
I have grand ideas of re-vamping and filling my little Bubbly Shnooks to the brim for the holidays & preparing for my first craft shows (I have notebooks and piles of post-its full of product & booth ideas!!), working on the next collections (eeek!), applying for school, finally putting together some super-secret pitches, planning a few online classes for next year, and working on a blog redesign & party for the beginning of November - ahh. It's refreshing! I'm *so* excited about everything this month (and the next few) will bring, and at really really finally having a moment to stop & do things for me. Yay!
Not to mention finding a rad Halloween costume & Thanksgiving this weekend!
(for us Canadians....)
Photo taken in Seattle last weekend - Park-exploring. Fall-clothes-wearing.
The Right Nows:
- I actually readied some pictures to blog this week - like, recent pictures.
(I'm so bad at that lately, I feel like I need to pat myself on the back).
- After a too-long hunt for accidentally deleted software (doh!), I'm realizing how really really bad the apartment needs a massive fall clean.
- My computer refused to work the other night because it was full.
(Goodness. It turns out it needed a fall clean, too).
- I'm so excited to use this rad vintage nautical transfer pattern I found!
- My first vintage dress is on it's way here! It was a steal, I couldn't resist!
(I have been for so long - slim pickings at our thrift shops for them).
- I lost my fave necklace. I feel lost without it, so I got version 2.0. lol.
- I'm hoping to make a few of my own vintage dress(es) this winter - yay!
- I'm now in search of the perfect vintage fabric for said dress(es)
- Also in search of lonely knitting needles to make some bangles.
- Found the perfect flat boots, that look rather like my heeled boots but w/o the killer heel (that was all they had left last year after I wore out my flat boots).
- I left in such haste yesterday for work, I ended up wearing my house flip-flops
- Craving a scrapbook session & thrift/inspiration trip this weekend
- Slowly but surely conquering the work catch-up list! Eek!
Whew! More than I thought I had to say today, in this post...lol.
Anything you're looking forward to October, for?
Will be back momentarily to finally post up some playlist goodness.