On my mind:
1. I started a creative writing summer class this week and already it's like I've been given permission to write or something. Poems are flowing out of me. It's kind of refreshing...it'll be a good month! I forgot how free my mind feels when I write - I'm one of those people who can express it better on paper than in voice.
2. A grumpy old man who feigned being friendly to start a conversation and turned out being obviously mad that he couldn't ride a back attempted to make me feel bad for pushing my no-speed vintage bike up a very steep to-the-ocean-seawall 12 block hill. He said 'I would ride a bike if I had it' right as I'm reaching the top in a snide way (on a hot day after work), and I almost gave him the bike to give it a try. Do it then, old man. It made me want to remind myself when I'm old to not be grumpy at strangers just because I'm old and I think I have a right to be, or something. Ugh!
3. The soles of my new shoes are insanely slippery on my university floor, for some reason, and I nearly wiped out in class simply trying to sit in a new chair with my group. Like, arms-flailing-out when you fall on ice kind of almost-falling, Hello, first day of class. lol. I thought these things stopped happening when you got past 15 years old? Seems not.
4. A pedestrian decided to play chicken with me on a bike today as he was crossing the street - you know, when one awkwardly goes left and then the other person does too, and vice versa. Instead of crossing so I could pass, he stopped dead in the middle of the road right in my path 20 feet away and stood there saying 'I don't know which way to go!' - to which I would have replied 'maybe cross the street, like you were?' if I wasn't madly trying to stop. I was so confused that a bike was coming toward him and he wouldn't move!
5. I discovered the 'tall espresso' option on the work coffee machine, but it seems having one at 4 o'clock (prime second-coffee time) is not so great for the sleeping thing.
What's on your mind?