Ohmygosh, another crazypants week! lol.
I've been saying that a lot lately, I know.
Finals are upon me and the mister is out of town for a few days, and I have more homework than I can shake a stick at, but I have no time to procrastinate! I managed to get a bunch of errands done on my way home today, and dreamt about the days when work and school are over, we're back from our holiday, and I have time to sew and putter around here. Aah..
Til then, here's a quick rundown of what I've been up to:
- Got into my Major! Yeah, Communication Design!
- I printed many collographs and woodcuts for print class in the dark hours.
- Said goodbye to mister husband while he visits family for a week.
- Got groceries & fresh local produce delivered (for free)! Bless you, Spud.
- I made the best swiss chard (first time cooking it ever!) the other night: fresh rainbow chard, garlic, olive oil, squeeze of lemon and bean sprouts in a pan and voila! Sooo good. In love.
- Also in love with Purple Kale chips (and it smells so good fresh!). Quickest. Best. Snack. Ever.
- Have been listening to CBC radio for months now while in the kitchen. Totally makes me feel like a real-live grown up.
- Same goes for actually starting to enjoy reading 'Atlas Shrugged', and the articles in Vogue
- Watched 'Mona Lisa Smile' while homeworking that other night after a reference to it/reminder in class last week, forgot how cute it was!
- Have gotten into the habit of cleaning the house at 10pm once a week. Totally nerdy and weird, but I like to get up to a clean house, and I don't want to clean and work on the same day! (ugh!)
- Wish we had Target in Canada. Mister husband informed me of a shopping spree he went on while visiting the US this week and I'm crazy jealous.
- I've been able to ride my bike to work/school most of the week for the first time in months - it's been so lovely and sunny!
- My boots are feeling heavy when the sun shines.
Time to dig the flats out of the closet!
- It smelled like campfire the other night outside on my way home, somebody must have had a fire going in their backyard...reminded me of camping. :)
- Mini eggs in the work vending machine = dangerous.
- Easter candy in general = dangerous, for me. lol.
- Saw waaaay too many leggings-as-pants at school this week. For reals.
- And how have I never watched 'Lords of Dogtown'? Sooo good, so far. I can't justifying sitting down for a whole movie these nights, but I've been watching it with supper for a few days, now. Crushin' on blonde-haired skaters.
That's me, these days. What have you been up to?