In honor of this new beginning for me (starting university after a long school haitus!) I wanted to dedicate some posts this week to all things back-to-school!
First up: looking back at kindergarten! That magical year.
Perhaps the most magical of all magical years? I loved kindergarten!
Memories from kindergarten:
- Getting to customize my journal with old patterned wallpaper.
- The 'stations' in our classroom: the sand table & the blue water table.
- The day the leprechaun visited us and left his footprints around.
- A class visit to my teachers snow-white inspired garden (so cool!).
-Bringing my stuffed elephant puppet pal 'Wrinkles' to school with me.
- Winning the 'best writer' award at the end of the year.
I definitly loved writing and documenting my thoughts on the daily even back then - I fondly & vividly remember being super-excietd about getting to cover our daily journals in a cute wallpaper of our choice. I was one of the only kids in class to start writing my own journal entries (after half the year of having the teacher write what my drawings were about), I think, too. It's super funny to look back on, now - backwards crazy writing & the silly pictures that went with it! and that I still love to do the same type of thing, so many years later.
What's your favorite kindergarten memory?