Dude. Camping was lovely, this past weekend! :) Nine of us work folks drove up past Whistler to Birkenhead here in BC for the long weekend - it was super fun! Impromptu hikes and smores and fires and roasted hot dogs and no rain! :)
I had to get right back at her with a crazy crazy busy week after returning from tenting it - it's Thursday already?? - thus, the bad blogger-ness (I'm hoping next week will be the last of the too-busy-to-think-weeks this summer, as I finish up some projects that have been on the agenda for a long long while - think, April...lol. Ugh.) It's soooo hard to work at night in the summer, specially cuz it's getting hot out there! I know I have to for another few days at least to catch up, but then it's back to the sunny nights & weekends away. :)
On that note, totally just resonated with this catch-up post of Diana's.
Trying to get my head around all the deadlines, so I made a list -
This week I need to:
(I need this as a screensaver, today! - photo from here).
- attend a screening of 'Waking Sleeping Beauty'
- work on some super-secret CHA projects for a lovely paper place
- finalize the other biiiig super-secret project, finally!
- do my pop-up book class homework (ie - somehow plan all my pops!)
- book long-awaited eye, chiro, & haircut appointments
- fix/lift my bike seat so my knee stops hurting from it!
- finish up some tardy July Guest Design gig pages
- buy typewriter ink, finally!
- replace the missing camera cable
- start boot camp again, now that I can bend said knee
- plan some upcoming crochet presents
- anticipate my Uppercase #6 arriving
Some things are already crossed off, already! It's a miracle!! :) lol.
I have high hopes this weekend to buy a camping hammock & 'test it' at the beach, I'm determined to go thrifting (I hope hope I can squish it in!), wear my new bathing suit at some point, and there's plans in the works to go viking ship sailing, which we've been meaning to do since 2007, literally (while there after clicking, be sure to check out the vintage scrapbook page that was my 'current fave' at the time- yikes! lol. Funny how our opinions about our own art evolve and change over even a few short years, hey?) Just, you know some busy fun.
I heard someone say the other day that summer is either really really can't-get-anything-done busy or not busy at all - which seems totally way too true at the moment. How's your summer looking?
I hope to blog over the weekend when I can lift my head up out of the piles of paper, paint, and pencils. :) Lotsa good stuff coming up soon, promise! :)