Was a long one! Woot!
We had Monday off, here in Canada, which was so rad! :)
My best friend & her hubby flew in from Calgary for a few days to visit (yay!) & sleepover in our humble abode, and we had fun milling about town and seeing some sights and eating yummy food and drinking on the roof. Aah. So fun!
- I only took about 5 measly (& pretty horrible) photos, this being one of them:
The others are seriously trash-worthy. Ugh. lol. I always like to put the camera away and enjoy what I'm doing, while sight-seeing - always have - even with my lil point and click! And at this point in my new-camera-knowledge I would end up spending my sight-seeing fiddling with settings and reading manuals more than seeing what I'm there to see, which is soooo not fun for me. I like to be where I am - Not there, but occupied! That's a little silly, no? lol.
Needless to say, this cemented the fact that I need a full day to mess around with the new camera first to avoid the not-taking-pictures-thing again! Bad, Michelle. And the suspension bridge was super-fun and beautiful, pictures or not! I was misty and a little rainy-but-dry and just plain pretty & green!
And we also:
- barbequed on the rooftop at sunset & sipped Sangria
- Had the best sushi I think I've ever had!!
(yummy rolls with odd combos like papaya, tomato, mango, etc - om nom!)
- Watched 'The Big Lebowski' (for the umpteenth, rad time!) while crocheting
- Practiced (successfully) some more crochet patterns!
- Played a whole lotta 'Clue' board game
- Rode the bikes around Stanley Park with some photo op's, this time
- Visited my favorite paper store on Granville Island (Eeek!)
- Had lots of fresh fruit & veggies & Terra Bread
- Treated ourselves to birthday pedi's & mani's
- Celebrated Mandy's birthday (with delicious cake, too!)
- Saw 'Iron Man 2' after yummy pub food
Whew! And I feel like that was just the tip of the iceberg! lol.
One of those busy-go-go-go weekends, with a little chill time, and lotsa catching up. :) It was sunny enough that we had to be outside, and it was just so rad to hang out with one of my besties, because usually mountains separate us!
I officially feel like a waaaay behind lump today, now, though - lol. It was super-hard to get back to boot camp this morning after indulging in 4 days off & some sleep-in time and pasta. ha ha...
So lovely. :)
How was your weekend? Long? Fun?
Hope it was a blast!
I'll be back very soon with some new scrapbook goodness, too, so stay tuned!